If you’ve been paying any attention to my instagram, you would have noticed that i’ve been enjoying the crystal blue waters and sandy white beaches of Puerto Rico. I decided to spend my summer vacation with my closest friends taking advantage of the beaches, pools, and food of the island. And while I love being out in the sun, running around in this heat, is not without a need for a special arsenal of equipment in my bag. This blog is about my summer beauty must haves that need to be in my purse at all times.
Summer Beauty Faves
I’ve managed to put together a summer stay fresh kit I carry around in my bag, that is small enough to fit in most purses and helps me feel refreshed when I’m out. I didn’t discover these without some help. The lovely people of Lincoln motor company put together a care package when i took out the latest Lincoln MKZ for a drive to a farm. The introduction to the products that have been keeping me cool this summer, has been greatly appreciated.
My skin leaks like a NYC pump when it’s hot. I hate looking greasy! Plus, my hair blows up to twice it’s size with the humidity. So this kit focuses on UV protection, sweaty problems, frizz control and over all freshness.
Here’s a list of my must haves for the summer:
- Living Proof Humidity Shield – If your all about volume, this spray is not for you. But if you struggle with frizz and humidity related hair problems, this little bottle is the holy grail. It makes your hair limp and stay at attention even if the air is saturated with humidity. I spray it on before flat ironing and during the day, a few sprays keeps the frizz away. The spray is available in regular sizes but this little travel size is convenient for just about any purse. Added Bonus: UV protection,Sulfate-free, silicone-free and oil-free. Safe for color and chemically treated hair.
- Caudalie Paris Beauty Elixir – This spray is wonderful for refreshing your face when it gets too hot. It has a very cooling minty feeling. The mist is good for minimizing pores and setting makeup, as well. It’s components are similar to an astringent with various oils and alcohol. I find a spritz here and there to be a great way to cool down without dumping your head in a bathroom sink. Added Bonus: No Parbens, Sulfates, or Phthalates
- Sugar Fresh Lip Balm – When I’m out on the beach or pool, I rather dab on some untinted lip balm, then wear gloss or lipstick. Sugar has the creamiest lip balms ever, without any added shine. They smell fresh without a cakey scent. Added Bonus: SPF 15, 6 hours of moisture, Vitamins A,C,E
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream – I find that washing my hands in bathrooms and using hand sanitizer over dries my hands. This cream has 20% shea butter and helps makes my hands silky again. I also don’t like over powering smells on my hands and it’s scent is light. Added Bonus: No Phthalates
- Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens – You could fry chicken on my face most of the time. These thin little papers help to blot out the oil without messing up my makeup. And even if I don’t have makeup on, they help to soak up the excess oil that loves to pool on my face. The natural tree fibers are soaked in green tea extract and the green tea helps absorb any oils on the face. Added Bonus: No Parbens, Sulfates, or Phthalates
What do you think about my summer beauty faves for the summer? Any items you would recommend? Comment below or message me here – >
Email: mustbefabulousny[at] gmail [dot] com
Google +: Must Be Fabulous